Ever noticed that when you hit “New Tab” button (the plus sign) or hit “CTRL-T” , it always opens up to “http://www.google.com.ph/firefox”? Initially it was ok but it gets kinda annoying. So here’s how to take it out.
1) type “about:config” in the address bar
2) A message will appear same as below just hit enter.
3) once in, your cursor will be blinking in the “Search” bar. Just type: “browser.newtab.url”
4) right click on the “browser.newtab.url” line and choose modify.
5) just blank it out or replace with your very own url.