Ever woke one day and as you start working, whether it’s blogging, or doing VA work updating client WordPress you suddenly see an editor screen like this:
You would tell yourself WTF! Well you’re in the right place and nothing is wrong with your editor. Maybe you recently updated your WordPress. Introducing (if you’re still in the dark) the Gutenberg editor. Gutenberg is available as part of WordPress 5.0 and later. So yes, if your updated your WordPress, this is now the face or the look of the new editor.
However, if you are like me, I have attachments to certain stuff or if you don’t have time to learn something new right now, be not afraid. You can “ALWAYS” switch back to the old or “CLASSIC EDITOR”. I will show you how. Just be sure you have “Admin” rights before trying this.
- Inside the “Dashboard” go to “Plugins” > “Add New”
- Once inside on the right portion there is a drop-down with “Keyword” as default.
- On the text input to the right of the drop-down, type “classic editor”.
- Once the portion below this refreshes it will show “Classic Editor” as the first item. Click “Install Now”, it will install and when it finishes the button will change to “Activate”. Just click the button.
- Now return to your “Add Post” or “Add Page” and you will see that the editor is back to the way it was.